Monday, January 11, 2010

From the Recipe Box: Corn Casserole

For years I've been looking for a good corn casserole recipe, and even though I have a huge stack of cookbooks, none of them have a recipe for this in them. What? How can that be?

I went to one of my favorite recipes sites, www.allrecipes.com , and found a dreamy corn casserole recipe that is so easy and everyone loves. I made it for a church potluck and someone actually said it was good enough to be a dessert. Yum!

If you're on a diet, I'm sure you don't want to know what's in here. And when I doubled the recipe for Thanksgiving, I shuddered to think that there were four eggs, two cups of sour cream and two whole sticks of butter in here. (Paula Deen would be proud.) But it's so good, who really cares.

Corn Casserole

Ingredients:
1/2 c. melted butter
2 eggs, beaten
1 package (8 1/2 ounces) dry cornbread mix (I use Jiffy, which is super cheap!)
1 (15 ounce) can of creamed corn
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 cup sour cream

• Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease an 8x8 baking dish.
• In a bowl, combine all ingredients and spoon into prepared dish. Make sure to stir well, because you don't want a lump of sour cream to turn up when you bite into it (or maybe you do??).
• Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.

It's been my experience that if you let it cook a little too long, it sort of loses that souffle quality that makes it so yummy. When it looks firm in the middle (but not hard), that's a good indication that it's done.

I found this recipe here .

No comments:

Post a Comment