Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Fancy Nancy Birthday Party

When my daughter turned three in September, I knew there was one theme that would suit her perfectly: a Fancy Nancy theme. We read the book, the guests dressed up in their finest feathers and beads, and celebrated with the fanciest stuff we could find (made super-easy by the Dollar Tree!). Party favors included feather pens, play watches, party beads and feather boas (Jo-Ann Fabrics, $1 each). 

Party hats were revamped princess crowns whose original paper headpiece was ripped off and I traced a template for a new one out of plain white posterboard. (The original had a Bratz design, which I thought was inappropriate for our age group.) I used glitter glue to put the gems on and a hole punch with party ribbon to make the streamers. Voila! (Looks a lot better than my original design, which looked more like a toddler-sized Shriners hat.)

The cake was purse-shaped. I bought the pan online at Jo Ann Fabrics but realized later that AC Moore had the same thing in stock. Oh well, live and learn. I got my money's worth by using it again for Halloween.

Ooh la la! (Except for putting my thumb in the lettering at the last minute - not so nice. But typical.)

No comments:

Post a Comment